- Seasoned MOE teacher and tutor with 11 years' experience in teaching primary Math and Science.
- Science level representative in school - worked with Science HOD to lead Science teachers in implementing a school-wide teaching strategy.
- Created school exam paper, marking scheme and marked school exam paper.
- Marked PSLE exam paper.
- Single-handedly crafted Science Process Skills package for whole school use.
- Conducted Math workshop for parents, equipping parents with knowledge on model drawing, so that they can help their own children.
- Conducted Math workshop for pupils for the whole level with a team of teachers.
- Curriculum developer for tuition centre - created P3 - P6 materials for tuition centre.
- Goal planning and strategy planning (how to achieve goals).
- Curriculum planning (use of quality books with support of tutor-made materials where needed, past school exam papers).
- Strengthen foundation concepts and build on speed.
- Strong focus on problem-solving and model drawing to aid understanding of word problems.
- Study schedule provided for pupils to plan one month before exam.
- Goal planning and strategy planning (how to achieve the goals).
- Curriculum planning (specialised tutor-made process skills Science worksheets, supported by books, past school exam papers).
- Strengthen foundation concepts with support from videos provided.
- Strong focus on answering process skills questions.
- Sharing of secret key words to attain marks in Science answers.
- Study schedule provided for pupils to plan one month before exams.
- Friendly but firm
- Calm and patient
- Safe and positive environment to motivate learning
- Non-judgmental, with experience in teaching low-ability and stretching high ability pupils.
- Stellar improvement of more than 40 marks from 43 to 87 marks in 3 months for P6 Math.
- Superb improvement of 23 marks from 46 to 69 marks for Science.
- Calm and patient - taught low ability pupil with Math anxiety and helped pupil manage anxiety and increase confidence with Math.
Expected tuition rate per hour:
- Individual: $60/h
- 2 in a group: $45/h each (Grab a friend to learn together. Same subject and different primary level is fine. Each pupil is given materials tailored to his/her own level and ability and will be taught separately)
- 3 in a group: $35/h each (Grab 2 friends and learn together. Same subject and different primary level is fine. Each pupil will be using materials tailored to his/her own level and ability and will be taught separately.)
Undergrad I am a Female Indian 21 year old tutor with 0 years' teaching experience.
A Level - CJC
My Teaching Subject(s)
Pre-school - English, Maths, Phonics Primary - English , Maths , Creative Writing , Phonics O level - Literature
I started giving tuition this year and i currently have students from k2 to sec 2. i tutor literature, english and math as these are subjects i have excelled at in the past. I also worked at a student care and have taught classes from p1 to p6. i take pride in producing quality work so as to ensure my students do well and enjoy what they learn. Parents from my students have also personally feedbacked to me that they like my teaching style and that there are improvements in their childrens work. I pride myself in producing work of the best quality hence you will be assured that everything that i do is done properly.
Current Teacher I am a Male Chinese 31 year old tutor with 7 years' teaching experience.
Bachelor of Business Administration (Hon.) - City University of Hong Kong PGCE - University of Sunderland
My Teaching Subject(s)
IB / IGCSE - Business & Management, Economics , Geography , Psychology Language - English Special Skills - SAT English, SAT Maths Sports - Swimming
I taught students in Economics, Business Management, Geography, and Psychology for 7 years at tuition centers and international schools in Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Singapore. My students typically improve by 1-2 sub-grades. I am very experienced with the IGCSE (Cambridge and Edexcel) and with the IB Diploma. Being a disciple of the American education system, I am also proficient with the SAT Critical Reading and Math tests. I am also able to prepare revision materials, notes, and study revision exercises for students. I am currently teaching the subjects to around 70 students at an international school for the Cambridge IGCSE and IB Diploma program.
Full-Time Tutor I am a Male Chinese 33 year old tutor with 12 years' teaching experience.
Bachelor of Social Sciences - NUS
My Teaching Subject(s)
Pre-school - English, Maths, Creative Writing, Phonics Primary - English , Maths O level - English Diploma / Degree - Sociology Language - English Special Skills - Adult Training, Group Tuition Sports - Swimming
I have 12 years of experience tutoring a wide range of students across age groups and nationalities. I specialise in teaching English and Mathematics.
Latest students in 2022 PSLE maths improved from AL4 (P5 SA2) to AL1 for PSLE. One of them was from Radin Mas Primary; the other was from River Valley Primary.
I hold a First Class Honours degree in Anthropology and Sociology from the National University of Singapore.
Full-Time Tutor I am a Male Caucasian 55 year old tutor with 24-27 years' teaching experience.
English and Geography (joint honours) - Christian-Albrechts-Universität, Germany English and Geography (joint honours) - Christian-Albrechts-Universität, Germany
My Teaching Subject(s)
Language - German Special Skills - Adult Training
Based in the UK, I am a native German speaker and have a BA and a MA degree. Most importantly for language learners, I am a qualified teacher with a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE - England) in teaching secondary German (with French and Geography). I taught German in schools for over 20 years in English state schools and private/public schools, which included working with individuals, small and class-size groups of all ages. Furthermore, I am a current Assessment Associate (examiner) for Pearson/ Edexcel and an IBO German B examiner. Now, I teach learners of all abilities and ages, using my experience in teaching secondary (Years 7-11), as well as tertiary (Years 12 and 13) students and can prepare learners for GCSE, IGCSE, A Level and IBDP German ab initio, and German B (SL or HL) exams. I have also taught in primaries and raised our own children bilingually. Most of my adult tutees are studying toward passing the Goethe Zertifikat (A1-C2) and/or TestDaf. My tutees always outperform their predicted grade and, where possible, also outperform their target grade. A typical testimonial is: "Sönke is an excellent tutor with a wealth of teaching experience and fantastic knowledge of all the different exam boards' syllabuses. He makes lessons fun, which is so important for learning; my daughter always enjoys them and has learnt a great deal. I can't recommend him enough."