Full-Time Tutor I am a Female Chinese 28 year old tutor with 6 years' teaching experience.
Bachelor in Business - NTU
My Teaching Subject(s)
Pre-school - English, Chinese, Maths, Creative Writing, Phonics Primary - English , Chinese , Maths , Creative Writing , Higher Chinese O level - English, Chinese , Higher Chinese Diploma / Degree - Marketing Language - English , Chinese Sports - Swimming
Full-time private tutor with 6 years of experience.
- Achieved Director's List throughout my poly years and achieved the silver medal (came in second in 2015 graduating cohort) from Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP). Graduated with Diploma in Marketing with Merit.
- Graduated with Honours in Bachelor in Business (Marketing) from Nanyang Technological University, NTU.
• Experienced in dealing with students with special needs (dyslexia/ADHD).
• 6 years of teaching experience. Started giving private tuition since Uni.
• Teaching nursery and preschool kids for phonics, numeracy skills in home tuition.
• Specialised in International IB, Primary & Secondary school syllabus (all subjects standard and foundation), (all levels: Pre sch, Pri, Sec, IB).
• Taught students from local renowned schools such as RGS, CHIJ Katong, CHIJ Queen of Peace, CHIJ Kellock, SJI Junior, Ai Tong, Cedar Girls.
• Other international schools such American Stamford School.
- Sec 2 student who failed Chinese got B3 after 3 months of lessons once weekly. Consistently improving and able to grasp concepts faster now.
- Sec 1 student who has been scoring borderline passes in Science and Chinese, manages to score 70+/100 for Chinese and 80/10 for Science during the recent final exams. Previously, student did not even like Chinese and was not open to speaking Mandarin during lessons. But now, she can engage very well and interact more in Mandarin during Chinese lessons.
- P3 student who has been failing English and Chinese, scoring 30/100 got above 60 for both subjects during the final year exams after 4 months of lessons, twice weekly.
- P5 student who has mild ADHD/Dyslexia has been failing Chinese and Maths, scoring 10/100. Previously, had major problems forming simple sentences and recognising words. Now, for Chinese, he is able to read and recognise words. Showed huge improvement in remembering words and writing Chinese characters. Knows how to form Han Yu Pin Yin and able to engage very well in conversations. For Math, he is able to work on problem solving without much guidance.
- P2 Non-Chinese speaking student got full marks for Chinese test and spelling within 1 month
- P6 Student who got D for Chinese in P6 beginning of the year managed to get a B in PSLE
- K2 Australian, Non-Chinese speaking student able to form complete sentences within 2 weeks of teaching. Taught him phonics as well, able to use Han Yu Pin Yin appropriately and pronounced words very clearly. Achieved full marks in weekly spelling and engaged more during lessons.
Pre-school - English, Maths, Creative Writing, Phonics Primary - English , Creative Writing , Phonics Language - English Special Skills - Group Tuition
Conducted private and group classes for English and Creative writing (2 P1s, 1 P3, 1 P4 level). Current and ex kindergarten teacher for 3-6yr olds. Able to teach phonics and subjects to prepare children for Primary level. Utilises Montessori method where required. Have taught secondary 1 & 2 English, primary 1-6 English following MOE syllabus. Specialise in creative and imaginative writing for all levels. Able to handle special needs children at kindergarten level.
I have tutored my classmates in the past, and they have repeatedly requested for me to teach them again since they have received improvements in their results.
I received a full scholarship in Singapore and have completed my studies in NTU.
Occupation: Head of Platform at AI2 Labs, teaching Programming languages, devops, architecture etc
Full stack developer with the AI Innovation Lab team.
- Shipped five applications end-to-end to public with the team as a full stack engineer and solutions architect.
- Created an in-house tool to generate Kubernetes configurations from docker commands, to onboard all in-house AI applications onto Gitlab CI/CD, Docker and Kubernetes.
Previously at Mighty Bear Games.
Shipped three games to public with the company as a full stack developer with Unity3D (C#) and Java.
- Was responsible for and completed UI/UX logic flows, cross platform mobile/controller support, and localisation tooling support alongside game logic features for a Battle Royale game, Butter Royale using Unity C# and an in-house Java backend server hosted on AWS under four months with an Agile team. The game was voted Best Action Game of the year within the official Apple Arcade discord.
- maintained front end code for Mighty pets and puzzles, a offline mobile puzzle game.
- developed social features like guilds and friends and backend game logic for World of Legends, a mobile MMORPG. Set up and configured Ansible and Bucardo to achieve server-server synchronisation and backups on Linux ECS instances over three regions for a MMO strategy game.
Full-Time Tutor I am a Male Chinese 41 year old tutor with 2 years' teaching experience.
PSLE - Rosyth School O Level - Raffles Institution A Level - Other
BSc Environmental Policy - The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) Master of Environment, Integrated Water Catchment Management - University of Melbourne
My Teaching Subject(s)
Pre-school - English, Maths, Creative Writing Primary - English , Maths , Creative Writing O level - English, Social Studies , Geo/S.Studies A level - General Paper , Knowledge & Inquiry IB / IGCSE - English Language, Extended Essay , Environmental Systems, Theory of Knowledge Diploma / Degree - Mass Comm, Geography, Communications & New Media Language - English Special Skills - Group Tuition, SAT English
Educated in Singapore, the UK and Australia, I am a Masters Degree holder and former Gifted Education Programme (GEP) student with impeccable command of the English language.
More importantly, I love English as a language, and I take great joy in using it every day and helping others discover their own love for it. I am a patient teacher who gives his best in helping each student embrace learning.
In my career to date in journalism, communications and research, I have built up in total more than 15 years of experience in writing and editing for a variety of mediums including The Straits Times, books, magazines and speeches. I also bring with me a nuanced view and understanding of current affairs as well as global developments, which would help students to excel in Social Studies or General Paper (GP).
Ex-Teacher I am a Male Malay 36 year old tutor with 12 years' teaching experience.
PSLE - Zhonghua Primary School O Level - Raffles Institution A Level - SRJC
Bachelor of Science (Education) - 1
My Teaching Subject(s)
O level - L. Sec Maths, E Maths , A Maths
My experiece has been mostly of teaching secondary Mathematics, with a handful of Chemistry classes over the years. I started teaching in 2009 for the Mendaki Tuition Scheme. In 2010, I joined a tuition center and taught about 6 classes per week. I stopped in 2012 to focus on my NIE final practicum which I graduated from in mid-2012. I left MOE after serving my bond of 4 years in 2016 as I was not given the opportunity to focus on my strength which was teaching Mathematics. I rejoined the tuition center that I taught at in 2010-2011 and was given the full opportunity to focus on my strength as I taught 10-15 Mathematics classes per week. I have been fully committed to teaching secondary Mathematics from sec 1 to 5, to express and NA students and also A Maths to sec 3-4 students.
My teaching principle is to first focus on basics, going back to practise previous years' content if necessary. I also try to come up with sometimes unconventional ways to help students remember certain formula or method of doing certain types of questions. I have received generally positive feedback from students and parents and I frequently have students who follow me up to the next level each year.
Part-Time Tutor I am a Female Chinese 26 year old tutor with 0 years' teaching experience.
O Level - Ngee Ann Secondary School Diploma-SP Biological Science - NTU
My Teaching Subject(s)
Primary - Maths , Science
As a tutor, I:
- am able to deliver knowledge and relevant information in a clear and concise manner
- have 8 years experience as a Taekwondo instructor, and I am strict without being harsh
- cater to the learning patterns of each individual student, adjusting the speed of each lesson accordingly
- have experience with mentoring younger students with homework or less understood topics
As a mentor, I:
- am able to empathize with your child regarding issues hindering his/her understanding
- conduct lessons with an emphasis on your child's own inquisitiveness of the subject
- always take your child's perspective and mood into account when planning lessons and breaks
- will work with you and your child together to achieve academic excellence