Ex-Teacher I am a Female Chinese 48 year old tutor with 14 years' teaching experience.
Diploma-NIE Degree in Chinese Language - Fudan University
My Teaching Subject(s)
Pre-school - English, Chinese, Maths Primary - Chinese , Higher Chinese O level - Chinese Language - Chinese
Ex-MOE teacher specialise in teaching Chinese
Experience in teaching kids with dyslexia for 6 years
Year 2002-2009 work as full-time tutor
Year 2009-2014 teach Chinese in Damai and Punggol Sec Sch
2014 to current, work as full-time tutor
10 tutees (exclude 4 Pri 6 tutees)
- 4 Pri 6 (waiting for PSLE results)
- 2 Pri 5
- 3 Pri 4
- 2 Pri 3
- 3 Pri 2
Experience in teaching Pri 1 to Pri 6 and Sec 1 to Sec 4 Mother Tongue, Normal Chinese and Higher Chinese. My tuition includes all 4 components of Paper 1, Composition; Paper 2; Paper 3, Listening Comprehension; Paper4, Oral. I do provide my own materials for different students' needs. Students scored very well with my composition techniques.
- In 2021, I had 2 students from Rosyth and Pei Chun Public School took PSLE Higher Chinese and both score AL3 (marks 80-84) for Normal Chinese and credit for Higher Chinese. – 1st year of PSLE Achievement Level (AL) System
The student from Pei Chun Public School scored a just passed for his Pri 5 Higher Chinese in 2020. I started teaching him in 2021. The parent highlighted to me that during the Teacher Parent Conference, the teacher mentioned that should his son is not able to score well for his term 1 exam, he would have to drop his higher Chinese. After teaching him for 1 term, he managed to score 65 and above. His teacher allowed him to continue his Higher Chinese.
Here was the review extracted from WhatsApp from the parent of Pei Chun Public School in 2022.
“Ms Yeoh is a dedicated and patient tutor. She took time to understand my child’s struggles and learning needs and tailored her lessons to suit him. Under her guidance, my son showed marked improvement in both his spoken and written language. He found her friendly and approachable and was always at ease to ask any questions to clarify his doubt. He always enjoyed her lessons!”
- In 2020, I had 2 students scored an ‘A’ for their Normal Chinese in PSLE. Below are the reviews extracted from WhatsApp – 1st year of new syllabus
1. "My very late review!
Mdm Yeoh is patient and is able to strategise well for the child especially during examinations. She was able to groom in my child the interest for the Chinese Language. We appreciate the time and effort she had put into our child these 3 years."
- 2. "Firstly Thank you Yufei for your patience in teaching, coaching and showing your guidance throughout your two years in tutoring Deon. I as a parent, could see how she had slowly and steadily improved in her Chinese subject. Most importantly she is now being more confident when she speaks. Coming from a non-Chinese speaking family background to getting an A in Chinese for her PSLE, this is something to be proud of.
- In 2019, 1 student from CHIJ scored a B for PSLE, her best subject score. She went to CHIJ , Normal Technical. But taking Chinese in NA Stream.
- In 2018, 1 student from Mee Toh Pri Sch scored A* for Chinese. She went to Nau Chiau High School to do Higher Chinese. Her composition was published in the school composition books when she was in Pri 5.
- In 2016 and 2017, 1 student scored A*, 2 scored A for PSLE.
- In 2016, 1 student whom she taught for 4 years, scored an A for GCE"O" level. He was from Nau Chiau High.
Undergrad I am a Male Chinese 35 year old tutor with 3 years' teaching experience.
PSLE - Holy Innocents' Primary School O Level - Holy Innocents' High School A Level - SRJC
BSc Chemistry - NTU
My Teaching Subject(s)
O level - L. Sec Maths, L. Sec Science , E Maths , A Maths , Physics , Chemistry , Biology , Physics/Chem , Bio/Physics , Bio/Chem A level - Maths , Physics , Chemistry , Biology
Had three year of experience teaching maths and science to sec 3 and 4 students. One of my most recent student achieved two A2 for her O level on both the subjects I taught her( E-maths & Chemistry). Currently tutoring a sec 4 student in E.maths, Combined Chemistry and Physics. I am a patient person capable of presenting ideas in a simple manner.
Currently taking BSc Chemistry, NTU. Year 4 in 2012.
Part-Time Tutor I am a Male Chinese 30 year old tutor with 6 years' teaching experience.
PSLE - poi Ching school O Level - Victoria integrated programme
Bachelor of Science, First Class Honours - NUS
My Teaching Subject(s)
Primary - Maths , Science O level - A Maths , Chemistry A level - General Paper , Maths , Chemistry , Biology Music - Music Theory, Piano Language - English Special Skills - Integrated Programme
- Specialist in 1-to-1 academic coaching to provide customized needs-based approach for each student
- Materials provided and curated based on student’s needs
- >6 years of tutoring experience, very familiar with syllabus
-Patient tutor who will adjust to go at student’s pace. Case in point - have taught a student with mild special needs. Father was so appreciative of progress made that he gave a raise on his own accord.
- My own academic career is stellar with excellent results (mostly straight A’s) and multiple academic awards even until Uni
Bachelor of Science from NUS, First Class Honours with CAP 4.81 out of 5.00. NUS Undergraduate Scholarship holder, Deans Lists and Honour Roll 3 times, University Scholars Program
VJC A Levels - straight A including A in H2 math and Distinction in H3 Biology, top in level for General Paper and China Studies (All-rounded in arts and sciences and strong academically)
VJC Integrated Program (O level equivalent) - A in all subjects except Higher Chinese B3
Victoria School (Sec 1 and 2) - A in all subjects except Higher Chinese, 85% average in all subjects, 2nd in cohort
Some notable results (Math):
1)P3: From passing math, to 74.5 and 78/80 for practice EOYs in 2 months. Now pending actual EOY results.
2)Sec1 NA: WA1 and WA2 fail, to A2 in WA3 in under 3 months
3)Sec2 Express: WA3 E8, to B for EOY in 1.5 months
4)Sec3 NA: fail at sec 2 EOY, to B3 to A1 grades (>90%) in all WAs and EOY
5)Sec3 Express E and AMath: student was just passing both, to A1 in both subjects at O level. Then continue in JC H2 Math, A in A level
6)Sec4 Express: F9 (20+%) in sec3 EOY to B3 in O level prelims - father was so appreciative that he provided a pay raise on own accord.
7)JC H1 and H2 Math: Have coached 2 JC students from fail to A